GG1 #4859 Preservation by the
National Railway Historical Society (NRHS) - Harrisburg Chapter

 

GG1 #4859 is a ex-PRR electric locomotive built in the Juniata Locomotive Shop (Altoona, PA) in 1937.  It was the first electric locomotive to arrive in Harrisburg. 

GG1 4859 Fact Sheet (.pdf).

GG1 Dedication Ceremony Program.

Remarks from Dan Cupper at GG1 Dedication (11-15-1986).

Click on thumbnails below for larger picture.

At the west end of Harrisburg station.
At Strasburg waiting restoration.
In current location at Harrisburg Transportation Center.
With BM&R E8's during the station's 100th aniversary in 1987.
(photo by Gregory Pawelski)
With BM&R E8's during the station's 100th aniversary in 1987.
(photo by Gregory Pawelski)

back